Back on the Boogie wagon with a Stiletto Deuce Stage II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWAKO

Reaction score
After selling my Mark V a few months ago due to financial reasons, I looked to other Boogies to try out. I played on a stiletto a few times and was always very happy with how they sounded and they were super easy to dial in. I found a Custom tolexed Stiletto deuce on ebay with some Mullard 12ax7s in the V1 and V2 positions as well as a few sets of spare tubes. I snagged it and I'm super excited to get on Monday. This is such an underrated amp, I like it better than any Marshall or Orange I've plugged into and it's way more versatile. I'm thinking it will be perfect for my new project. I'll post a NAD once I receive it.

I'm really enjoying mine with JJ 6CA7's. If the amp had more bottom end it would be perfect for me, but sounds great as is.

Yeah, it has a very tight low end, which I can see how on it's own it would seem to be lacking. But I feels like in the mix it will sit right where it needs to be. I'm excited to try it out with my band in the coming weeks.

I think that they have a lot of high end, but I don't think that the low end is lacking at all. I would rather have a tight focus that cuts through the mix

I used the Deuce in band practice the other night and it was perfect, exactly what I wanted. It's a nice change from the Mark V, I barely touched the amp's eq, and for me that's a big deal. Yeah, it's a little bright, but I turned down the treble and problem solved, imagine that! Haha.

Congrats, I love my Deuce and feel it has all the bottom I need. If you ever need more an EQ in the loop sounds great.

Latest posts

Back