So what is a Stiletto Trident???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardn10

Reaction score
Hey guys....

Amps I have are a Bogner 20th Shiva with EL34s, PWE and modified Dual Rectifier. I have the desire to own a nice Marshall, but I prefer some modern features of a good loop, good channel switching, good master volume for home playing and nothing harsh about the amp.

I still want an Electra Dyne, but rather than get a new Marshall which do not appear to be built well, I have been exploring other avenues such as Splawn, Bogner and now Mesa Boogie. I have never played a Stiletto. My guitar tech said he likes how they sound when other people play them, but he hates how they sound when he plays them.

I want to get some info on this amp! Any opinions?

Thanks!

boardn10 said:
Hey guys....

Amps I have are a Bogner 20th Shiva with EL34s, PWE and modified Dual Rectifier. I have the desire to own a nice Marshall, but I prefer some modern features of a good loop, good channel switching, good master volume for home playing and nothing harsh about the amp.

I still want an Electra Dyne, but rather than get a new Marshall which do not appear to be built well, I have been exploring other avenues such as Splawn, Bogner and now Mesa Boogie. I have never played a Stiletto. My guitar tech said he likes how they sound when other people play them, but he hates how they sound when he plays them.

Thanks!

You mean that Shiva of yours isn't covering the Marshall spectrum for you? I thought it was the pinnacle of modified Marshalls, no?

SonVolt said:
boardn10 said:
Hey guys....

Thanks!

You mean that Shiva of yours isn't covering the Marshall spectrum for you? I thought it was the pinnacle of modified Marshalls, no?

It is, I love it! My tech also told me to stop searching for other Marshalls, considering what I have, LOL! GAS is getting me! I like having other flavors, hence my looking at the Electra Dyne, Marshalls, Mesa Stiletto, etc. LOL

The Stage I Stilettos were not very "gainy" IMO and the bottom end could be very flubby if not dialed in correctly.
The Stage II Stilettos were much better in the gain department. The Duece is a much more useable amp at club volume levels. It seemed to break up a little better than a Trident.
The Trident was great on the clean channel if you set it on 150 watts for the headroom, and set the dirty channel up on 55 watts.
They all take pedals on the front end very well [ask Andy Timmons] and the fx loops were very useable with rack gear like a
TC Electronic G-Major.
I recently sold my Stiletto Stage I Trident [I do miss it for some things]. I'm mostly using my modded DSL100 now
for live work or my Laney GH50L [ It may only be one channel with a boost, but it sounds killer ].

I played a sed Stiletto Duece at a local Guitar Center this weekend and it floored me! I think this is my next amp! Great British tones but way different than any of my current amps!
I played the Stiletto next to a Marshall DSL and it sounded much better than the DSL.
I think it feels better playing lead than the Royal which I did not like, too stiff!

My buddy owns BFG amplification and he modded my Dual Rectifier into one of the best amps I have ever played. Maybe he can do the same to a Stiletto.
I have to decide which is best, Ace, Deuce or Trident, and I assume series II is best?
I don't use rack gear, but I use vintage pedals. Please tell me the loop is instrument level and handles pedals well?

The one I played, sounded like this. I wonder if they are consistent and all sound this good?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGZZe0hJlFg

I wish I could do a side by side with the Stiletto, Splawn Quickrod and maybe an Egnater.

I read the guitarist of Bayside switched from the Stiletto to the Electra Dyne because the ED has great clarity.
Not sure if he was implying that the Stilettos lack clarity.

Back