Tried a Stiletto Deuce The Other Day...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaulguy32

Reaction score
Holy ****... this amp kills! It gets real dirty, and it's impossible to get a bad tone out of it!!! I LOVED it, and I'm sure it'll be on the list of amps I'll want...

Hahaha....I've gotten bad tone out of mine. A little video playback revealed how bad my old settings were, like a bee hive I tell ya'.

I am just learning about Stilettos. What is the difference between the Ace, Duece and Trident? Stage II???

boardn10 said:
I am just learning about Stilettos. What is the difference between the Ace, Duece and Trident? Stage II???

The Ace is a 50W amp. The Deuce is 100W. The Trident is 150W. The Ace only comes in stage II format. Both the Deuce and Trident come in stage Is or stage IIs. The upgrades on the stage IIs over the stage Is are as follows:

5 Out of 6 Modes Re-voiced and Improved!
FAT and TITE Clean Modes Feature Enhanced Top End Sparkle And Transparency
Channel 1 & 2 CRUNCH Now Even Tighter and More Aggressive
All New FLUID-DRIVE Mode Features Even More Tightly Focused Gain
All New Lightening Fast Power Supply Tightens Low-End and Increases Mid Punch

Hope that helps...

I had a Stage I Trident .... in order to get rid of the bees you need to keep the treble & presence very low .... like 9 o'clock or lower and be playing at drum set volume. Set up like this the amp just roars ....

stephen sawall said:
I had a Stage I Trident .... in order to get rid of the bees you need to keep the treble & presence very low .... like 9 o'clock or lower and be playing at drum set volume. Set up like this the amp just roars ....

That, or if you want the tonality of higher treble and possibly presence, back down on the master volume, and then compensate with the output knob...

Back