Stiletto 1x12 cabinet questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1x12 super wide Stiletto cabinet.
It has the stock V-30 speaker in it.

Anybody here use one of these cabs?
What are your opinions on it?
What speakers have you tried in it?

I like it, but it seems pretty bland and flabby at times.
I'm thinking of trying a C-90 instead of the V-30.

Hi Andy,

I've been hanging out here for quite a few years as a long time Stiletto owner and have not seen a lot of conversation about the Stiletto 1X12 cabinets. Not to say that someone out there has experience with one.

I gigged with the Stiletto 2X12 cab for about a year before I switched to the Recto 2 x 12 cabs, which I prefer. I still have the Stiletto cab but it's not getting used.
It's not a bad sounding cab. The louder the better. For me it ended up being more about the V30s. with the Stiletto amp. Not the best match for my ears so I steer clear of that combination.
I guess it's about finding the right speaker for you particular amp. That's a game in it self. Hope you find your right fit.

Mark

I prefer the C90 with my Stage I than the V30's. I don't think my 1x12 is a Stiletto cab - its a 3/4 closed back widebody. Mids are a bit more tamed.

This is an odd cab to say the least. It's the same physical size as the Stiletto 2x12, but only has 1 speaker.....
Maybe it was an effort to cut the weight of the 2x12 down and still have it wide enough to fit under the head.

It doesn't sound bad, but I'm pretty sure it would sound better with a different speaker.
I've been using it with my DC-5 and now a Mark IV combo to add some bottom end. I'm thinking that I need to try a C-90 in it for even more thump.

I really like the 3/4 back wide body 1x12. I used one for years with a Dual Rectifier head (early Rev. G), and it sounded phenomenal! We played everything from the Allman Brothers to A Perfect Circle. With that cab, the DR was super flexible and capable of just about every tone I tried to get out of it.

I'd only use an EVM 12L as a 1x12 in this case. The Stiletto Deuce is a powerful amp, the EVM 12L can take this load. It is also a very tight and focused speaker.

I was looking for a 1x12 cab for my Stiletto, as I need a cab that I could move around.... I don't have roadies like Slash ot Bonamassa........

My 1x12 cab is actually used by quite some MK people..... but it works ok in this Stiletto context as well. Ideally, I'd get a 4x12 cab, it's just too **** heavy

What music do you play?

I ended up trading it to a friend who uses it with his Rectoverb combo. I love 1x12 widebody cabs, but couldn't really bond with this one. Plus, I just don't have the room right now.

Latest posts

Back