New Stiletto Content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abe

Reaction score
Studio recording with my Ace 2*12 combo. Settings are

Fluid Drive
Tube
Gain 10:00
Treble 9:30
Mid 11:45
Bass 12:00
Presence: 7:30

Not sure where the volumes were set

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_13440589?utm_campaign=opengraph&utm_content=song&utm_medium=email&utm_source=facebook

No apologies or excuses for the playing on it - It is what it is and makes me happy!

sounds good :mrgreen:
my old band use to do some foreigner covers only because the keyboardists father use to be their tour manager - I wish we could have done some journey covers instead -
keep rockin

Thanks! How do you like the Big Bad Wah? I have a Dunlop EVH, and while I like it, it sometimes gets screechy in toe position. I only seem to get the screech at some gigs - I thought it was because I was always so close to the monitors, but at the last show I didn't even have one near me and it happened. Other times, we are packed in a small place and it doesn't happen at all. Anyway, it gets a great vocal sound closer to the heel position.

I've owned a Bad Horsie and wasn't crazy about it. Is the Vox similar or completely different?

ya know abe to be perfectly honest i haven't really warmed up to the Big Bad Wah only because it seems not to be really that transparent in my signal chain. I have to play with it a bit more and or troubleshoot my signal chain to see if something else is causing the tone suckage. ya know my maxon od9 pro plus doesn't hurt my amps true tone its seems to be pretty much a true bypass stomp pedal, but when I put the Vox AFTER my Maxon it just kills my amps original tone and makes it sound almost thinner so to speak. I ordered a new thicker gauged patch cable to connect the Maxon to the Vox Pedal. Maybe I need to Try to put the Vox pedal in FRront of the Maxon pedal :shock: ? maybe that would help otherwise I probably could use a true bypass mod if their was such a thing for the BIG BAD Wah :)
I too use to own a Bad Horsie, but Mine was the BAD HORSIE 2, which is MUCH better than the Bad horsie IMO because it gives you more options to shaping the WAh contour/frequency.

I will have to say though the BIG BAd WAh has ALOT of WAH SHAping/contouring/settings so to speak so if i could get it to not suck my tone as much so to speak I would absolutely fall in Love with the thing

Maybe I need to try using the Bad Wah without the maxon in the Chain??

Back