Fulltone OCD for Stiletto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarchris76

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a Fulltone OCD or an Octafuzz for use with my Stiletto ACE combo. I only play at low bedroom volume so was thinking the OCD might give me that fullness you get when you crank an amp at low volumes. I love the sound of the Octafuzz but will only go for this if the OCD will not give me what I am looking for. Any thoughts?

I use an OCD and it pairs very well the stiletto. It is a very versatile pedal capable of a lot of different sounds so i think it will do what you want. But hey if you love the octafuzz maybe thats what you will be the happiest with.

I use the OCD as well, sounds great through this head, the above poster is correct, this amp loves pedals and the tube buffered FX loop sounds great too! did you know you could use the fl loop as a boost? well yes you can
Anyways, I have a older Rocktron Intellifex running in the loop for some plater reverb and a wee bit of slap delay I also turn off the HUSH), sounds beautiful :)

This amp rocks because it loves pedals in the front and loves racks (or good pedals) in the rear effects loop...the manual has useful tips for using the loop
I have a Lee Jackson tube loop in my marshall and he has a short video clip explaining how to use his loop (which is also tube buffered - 12AX7, same as the Boogie), a lot of the information applies to the Stilettos fx loop, listen for when he says how Paul Gilbert used the loop as a boost

It's a small video of him showing how to properly use it, he used to stream it but I couldn't find a stream so this is right from his site:
http://www.leejackson.com/MasterSeries/Marshall_EffectsLoop_Install.html
Link to video:
http://www.leejackson.com/MasterSeries/movies/Movie_8.mov

Hope this helps some :) I learned off it, it makes a huge difference once you learn how to properly use this kind of loop

Back