The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 am 
Mark II

I am trying to decide between a Fulltone OCD or an Octafuzz for use with my Stiletto ACE combo. I only play at low bedroom volume so was thinking the OCD might give me that fullness you get when you crank an amp at low volumes. I love the sound of the Octafuzz but will only go for this if the OCD will not give me what I am looking for. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am 
Mark II

I use an OCD and it pairs very well the stiletto. It is a very versatile pedal capable of a lot of different sounds so i think it will do what you want. But hey if you love the octafuzz maybe thats what you will be the happiest with.

Fulltone Fat Boost v3 & Fulltone OCD v2
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay & Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble
EHX Holy Grail Reverb, POG2, & Stereo Memory Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 am 
Mark IV

The Stiletto takes pedals very well in general. I'm using a Timmy V2 and a Musket Fuzz and she loves the sh!t out of those.

1993 Ibanez S540LTD
2011 Stiletto II | Homebrew 5E7 3x10

http://www.soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:52 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I use the OCD as well, sounds great through this head, the above poster is correct, this amp loves pedals and the tube buffered FX loop sounds great too! did you know you could use the fl loop as a boost? well yes you can
Anyways, I have a older Rocktron Intellifex running in the loop for some plater reverb and a wee bit of slap delay I also turn off the HUSH), sounds beautiful :-)

This amp rocks because it loves pedals in the front and loves racks (or good pedals) in the rear effects loop...the manual has useful tips for using the loop
I have a Lee Jackson tube loop in my marshall and he has a short video clip explaining how to use his loop (which is also tube buffered - 12AX7, same as the Boogie), a lot of the information applies to the Stilettos fx loop, listen for when he says how Paul Gilbert used the loop as a boost

It's a small video of him showing how to properly use it, he used to stream it but I couldn't find a stream so this is right from his site:
http://www.leejackson.com/MasterSeries/ ... stall.html
Link to video:
http://www.leejackson.com/MasterSeries/ ... ovie_8.mov

Hope this helps some :-) I learned off it, it makes a huge difference once you learn how to properly use this kind of loop