NTD!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdesalvo

Reaction score
New Tube Day? Why not?

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Backup JJ's and older "Russian 2" preamp tubes were in the mix. That's a no-no.
photo3-1.jpg

New factory tubes installed - leaving older rectifier tubes alone for now.
photo4-1.jpg

I must be a geek because I find those pics to be beautiful! :lol:

I think my Deuce is due for some new tubes also. I noticed last night that the volume is starting to drop.

fdesalvo said:
Send me your snail mail address and I'll let you have em.

I'll gladly accept them, if that by you mean for free. Shipping can get pricy though, as I reside in Australia. Not now though. I'm currently at home away from home. If you don't mind, you keep them aside for a bit. Once I get back to Australia, I'll PM you my shipping address...

fdesalvo said:
Holy hell, bro, I thought you were stateside. I'll hold them for you, but you must pay for shipping. Otherwise they are free for you to take.

Ha. Not everyone on this board is from the US. **** it. Got to use Gaypal again. Hate that thing. On the other hand, my bank would rape me on both exchange rates and handling charges. You can't win them all. Anyhow, I'll try to message you about paying shipping via Gaypal once I'm back in Australia...

Edit: Forgot to ask. What did you put in the preamp section? I seem to get conflicting messages about the current preamp valves from Mesa. Some say they are tested JJs, some say they are tested Chinese (Shuguang) ones. Oh so confusing... :lol:

I still prefer the Russian 2s IMO, as you can tell. So far I haven't got a failure in the cathode follower positions. Crossed fingers that it stays that way... 8)

Back