NCD: Delicious Mesa Content!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarmiester

Reaction score
I'm a few weeks late on posting this because I've been so busy lately, but better late than never, right?

I moved back in October and sold a ton of my gear because I didn't want to have a **** ton of stuff to haul across the US. Amp-wise, I sold my Orange 4x12, Mesa Triple Recto, Marshall JCM900 SLX, and kept the Stiletto Deuce because it's such an awesome amp and perfect my playing style and sound I'm after. Being cabless sucked, especially since I got a band going out here.

The music stores in my area are seriously lacking. A few weeks back, the band and I made a trip to Denver. It was perfect timing because that same week my tax return was direct deposited in my checking, so I had a nice chunk of spending moolah.

One of the Guitar Center's we check out had a small selection of Mesa gear. They had a few Mesa cabs, including a used one with a small tear in the grill, which I lined up, grabbed a Roadster, and A/B'ed all of the cabs. I'm very glad I A/B'ed all three cabs. I had the mindset that an OS Recto cab was what I wanted, but the Stiletto cab kicked serious ***! The used Stiletto cab's speakers were clearly already worn in and sounded a lot better than the new Stiletto and OS Recto. So, home it came for a short while before migrating to our rehearsal space.

Here's a couple quick pics I took while I had it home before lugging it off to our space. Enjoy!

dopc7k.jpg

ad0op3.jpg

LOVE the Traditional (Stiletto) recto cabs!!! They are so much more balanced than the OS recto cabs. Even for huge chunky metal I like the smaller, tighter cab more. Good choice. Only reason I bought the 212 recto OS was cuz I got it super cheap!

I have a stiletto cab and a over sized, I love both for different reasons.

If I want tight very middy sound I go with the stiletto, if i want big bottem and a nice top I grab the OS.

Back