stiletto ace head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellen

Reaction score
Did a crazy thing the other night and ordered the stiletto ace head without trying it. Man i hope i love it :lol: There's some great reviews on this amp and i love the marshall sound(got a jmp 2204 head), but when i dive into the net i see some say the stiletto is cold and harsh. Im maybe naive but i thought a brand like mesa boogie made only top quality stuff. Again man i hope i will love it :lol: Getting it on Monday BTW , Will come back and let you know how i feel about it when i get to know here.

Use your ears instead of you eyes and you will be fine. :D I got the best AC/DC crunch sound dialed in on the first channel that I boost with an OCD pedal to fatten it up through a 4x12 cabinet and it sound stellar. I was just listening to band practice this morning. For more distortion and mid punch I will step on my analogman sd 1 and then the solo boost and it records very nicely.

Thank's for the tips Gordy.
Just got her, heres some picks and a video
Im just a happy amateur btw

Heres some picks
stiletto1.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Here's a video of it. Bought a track with vocal and drums online(5$) with you shook me all night long added two guitar tracks with my Boss br 900 cd. Fun way to learn songs on your own
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd1SJk-wAGE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3e5aX8c95w

Is that on the Crunch setting? The tone is really, really good a very close match to the original. If only that singer weren't so ear-piercingly terrible, it really kind of ruins the whole thing. Playing and tone are top notch though!

Danimal said:
Is that on the Crunch setting? The tone is really, really good a very close match to the original. If only that singer weren't so ear-piercingly terrible, it really kind of ruins the whole thing. Playing and tone are top notch though!
Thanks man, it's the crunch mode i use. The vocal ain't great, but it sure is better than me singing :lol:

Back