My new Stiletto Ace!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought myself a brand new Stiletto Ace Emerald Bronco 1x12"!!!
Finally i could afford a Mesa, and i'm so happy with it. The amp makes me want to rock even harder than before. :)

And by the way, i'm new here on The Boogie Board. :D

Welcome and congrats! I am a Ace combo owner as well. FYI Traffic on this board goes in spurts so don't expect a lot of daily posts.

Hey Mister Stiletto! Welcome to the Boogie Board!
Enjoy your new Ace! If you have any photos of it please post them for us.
Good luck!

Hey there Mister Stiletto...welcome to the board. You'll find lots of help and knowledge here; It's cool that way.

I'm running the same green monster you are, and I love the sounds it gives back to me!! How do you like it with your Lucille? I play an ES-355 w/ mine and it's just sometimes otherworldly!! I always hate putting it down because it's just SOOO addictive. :mrgreen:

Enjoy your Ace, and welcome. 8)

Welcome to the Club! The Ace was also my first experience with Boogie! Have not met one I didn't like!

I play an Ibanez AS83 (335 style semi hollow) and it too sounds fantastic through the Ace. I also picked up a strat recently and the cleans sound incredible with that guitar. I really love this amp in that I can get such wide pallet of sounds just by switching guitars & not having to have multiple amps. Not that I don't want multiple amps though:)

rocksalt7 said:
Hey there Mister Stiletto...welcome to the board. You'll find lots of help and knowledge here; It's cool that way.

I'm running the same green monster you are, and I love the sounds it gives back to me!! How do you like it with your Lucille? I play an ES-355 w/ mine and it's just sometimes otherworldly!! I always hate putting it down because it's just SOOO addictive. :mrgreen:
Enjoy your Ace, and welcome. 8)

Hi! About time i answered your question. :) I think the Lucille sounds better on the Stiletto Ace than than Trini Lopez-guitar. It "kicks" more when i use the Lucille. I just bought a Fender Mustang Kurt Cobain, and that sounds nice to. But the Lucille sounds the best of my guitars on the Stilletto Ace.

I love the amp!

I recently experienced a slight delay when i used the footswitch. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with this amp? The fan stopped working as well. A little dissapointed, but i believe these things can happen to any amp. Even Mesa's. :-(

That's the first I've heard of a fan going down...curious. Hopefully it's something easy to remedy. the only time I've experienced any delay in my footswitch was when I had it set to really deaening sound levels out at my farm one day. It was pretty hot that day too, so I just attributed it to that....hasn't happened since??? Don't know?

That's a pretty good description for what those ES-355 guitars do...it is like a kick sort of. I do like the way they can growl at you with a little feedback too!! I also like my all mahogany LP as it's a lot darker sounding and I can do different rhythms with it that I like. Some days it's hard to decide which one to play!!! :mrgreen:

rocksalt7 said:
That's the first I've heard of a fan going down...curious. Hopefully it's something easy to remedy. the only time I've experienced any delay in my footswitch was when I had it set to really deaening sound levels out at my farm one day. It was pretty hot that day too, so I just attributed it to that....hasn't happened since??? Don't know?

That's a pretty good description for what those ES-355 guitars do...it is like a kick sort of. I do like the way they can growl at you with a little feedback too!! I also like my all mahogany LP as it's a lot darker sounding and I can do different rhythms with it that I like. Some days it's hard to decide which one to play!!! :mrgreen:

I sent the amp back to the distributor here in Norway. They said they fixed the fan(not replacing it) and changed the tubes as well before they sent it back to me. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with the footswitch, so there was nothing to do about it.

I emailed Mesa, and got an long email back about why there is a latency when you switch channels. I'm new to Mesa-amps and didn't know that there is a millisecond-mute when switching. I guess i just have to get used to it.

But the amp sound killer still. I love it! And Lucille loves it! :)

I recently sold my Stiletto Ace combo, and bought myself a Electra Dyne 23 combo. ****, i love my new amp, altough my resent amp was cool to. The Electra Dyne is warmer and more oldschool. I love it! :D

Latest posts

Back