Mesa Stiletto Series Discontinued

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad100

Reaction score
Just read this on another forum:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1020770

Looked it up myself on the Mesa website. Seems to be true.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Out.htm

This is disappointing... I was hoping to end up getting a deuce at some point down the road, and I definitely prefer to buy new. I can see why they'd need some room in their lineup but honestly, as much as the ED and Royal Atlantic are great amps, I personally would much rather have a stiletto.

Ahh man...that really sucks!! I'm so glad I got my Ace when I did. It's just a powerhouse of sound for me. I was kind of hoping to snag an Ace head before they closed them out, but I guess that's not going happen so easily now.

Just another reason to love the one I have!! :mrgreen:

That's so lame. I really dig the Stilettos. Perhaps you could still request a special order for one still???

I dont think these are mesa's most popular amp. I bet there will be alot of NOS for several years. Also you can pick up a used for at least half price.

John at Mesa Hollywood confirmed Feb. 1 at the discontinue date.

I was talking to him about selling mine at the Mesa Hollywood store, and he told me they were going the way of the buffalo.

[quoteI was talking to him about selling mine at the Mesa Hollywood store, and he told me they were going the way of the buffalo.

][/quote]

Way of the buffalo? :shock:

MrMarkIII said:
Must have meant "way of the dodo".
Buffalo ain't extinct. Yet.

Wikipedia said:
The American bison (Bison bison), also commonly known as the American buffalo, is a North American species of bison that once roamed the grasslands of North America in massive herds....
........ Because of commercial hunting and slaughter in the 19th century, the bison nearly went extinct and is today restricted to a few national parks and other reserves.

I've always respected the Stiletto series. A year ago I would have been disappointed, but I'm not so affected now that I'm into the lunchbox amps. Unless Mesa comes out with a lunchbox Stiletto, I think the mini Recto is next on my list.

JAZZGEAR said:
MrMarkIII said:
Must have meant "way of the dodo".
Buffalo ain't extinct. Yet.

Wikipedia said:
The American bison (Bison bison), also commonly known as the American buffalo, is a North American species of bison that once roamed the grasslands of North America in massive herds....
........ Because of commercial hunting and slaughter in the 19th century, the bison nearly went extinct and is today restricted to a few national parks and other reserves.
Thanks for re-making my point.
Just to be clear, the precise issue is that "way of the buffalo" is a malapropism. The Mesa Hollywood guy should have referenced "way of the dodo" rather than "way of the buffalo", as the former phrase was a common colloquial term for extinction for many years. But, like "buggy whips", the term itself is now probably archaic. Nobody remembers what a dodo is. It's the school system.
"Way of the buffalo", of course, has never entered the vernacular, because, as noted, buffalo are indeed not extinct.
Are we far enough into the weeds yet? :D

Figures, my first and so far only Mesa amp is dis-continued. I like mine and still play it all the time, I don't think I'll ever part with it.

When funds are available, I'll be looking into a MV. :)

I predict the "stiletto jack" arriving in the near future. (i believe that was one of the names the trademarked)

I'm surprised to see the Stiletto line wasn't discontinued sooner. I really like the Stiletto line and don't see myself getting rid of my Deuce for a long time. They've never been very popular, with exception of the popularity Andy Timmons brought the Stiletto's.

Reminds me that I need a footswitch for my Deuce... here I come ebay.

I'm welding mine to my leg then. This is the most versitile amp I've ever owned.
True shame people dont know a working bands amp. Modeling amps came about because people wanted to sound like the album. Truth is the sound recorded DID'NT sound like the album (Until the prossessing was done) and this amp has the true raw overdrive most classics and metal songs had in the studio before processing.
Figures.... Mayans were right ....2012. :(

Latest posts

Back