stiletto clips!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabies

Reaction score
i used my brand new Tascam DR-08 to record some clips at the studio today with the Stiletto II. It's not the best quality (WAV --> MP3) and I'm not impressed with the crunch still (at all) with the amp but it's alright for leads.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1220385

http://www.soundclick.com/strangerswithcandy

before you start crushing me, remember that I only practice 2 times a week nowadays. And I'm typically stuck in mixolydian, dorian and blues. enjoy.

btw, I'm running G Major various presets for most of these clips and don't remember the EQ settings so don't ask (GBenz 212 and LP).

cleans are good on this amp but I'm starting to think a Mark V may be better for me (10 watts would be nice for home).

I tried the recto tube tracking and spongy and it doesn't have much of a positive effect even when jamming along with Kind of Blue. Of all the channels/modes I prefer fluid drive. Crunch sucks.

anybody have advice on how best to use the DR-08? as in how far and where to position from speakers? and avoiding maxing out the L and R levels?

i remember my mark iii and iv both having badass "crush" or crunch, this stiletto is not happening in the rhythm department at all. it's not bad for rhythm but certainly not good.

Dude, you sound like you are looking for a pretty heavy tone, the kind that I can hear coming from a Rectifier.

To my ears, the Stiletto is a crunch machine, but I play blues and classic rock. What I do find kills my crunch tone though are delay and echo effects. The crispness and directness just seem to get lost whenever I have tried to use those effects.

J.J said:
Dude, you sound like you are looking for a pretty heavy tone, the kind that I can hear coming from a Rectifier.

To my ears, the Stiletto is a crunch machine, but I play blues and classic rock. What I do find kills my crunch tone though are delay and echo effects. The crispness and directness just seem to get lost whenever I have tried to use those effects.

I've had a RK1, not interetsed in that, leads suck.

so maybe you're right. I always play with the g major in the loop (wide chorus #27 is my fav!) i wonder if that's the issue. i thought i tried the stiletto w/o effects as well.

anyways, it's a great shredder amp but my mark V is on its way and now I have 3 amps for sale...

Back