Stiletto 4x12 cabinet vs Marshall 1960 b

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58boogie

Reaction score
Anyone do a side by side between new/recent issue Marshall 1960b and the Stiletto cabinets and comment on the sound difference?

I don't have any videos, but a buddy of mine has a bunch of cabs, so we've played the amp through a ton of stuff. The JCM800 cab is pretty much the last usable Marshall cab, and even then, I'm just not a fan of G12T-75s and Stilettos. The amp is bright enough as it is, so adding super bright speakers doesn't help. I even think the V30s in the Mesa cabs are too bright, but nowhere near as harsh.

The two cabs we kept coming back to are my traditional/Stiletto bottom cab with C90s, and his 70's Marshall cab with Blackbacks. The first cab is great for metal, since the low end is tight, and the dark nature of C90s, coupled with the darker bottom cab, knock a lot of the harshness off the top--you can run the presence higher, which makes the amp respond to your playing better. The second cab is great for running a classic rock sort of sound, at lower gain settings, or in the crunch mode.

Back