Channel 1 Crunch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
I just dialed in this mode today using one of the suggested settings from the manual. This combined with my Strat is giving me the perfect rock "clean" sound that is just barely dirty. I don't see me adjusting this channel for a good long while.

Haha, truth be told, chances are actually much better that my one year-old will mess it up for me. :)

Update:

My daughter loves to turn knobs, but I still love this setup. Here's a little more detail.

I have channel 1 set to Crunch with gain at noon. I have channel 2 set to Fluid Drive with gain at 11:30. I sometimes use Tite Gain, but leave gain at the same level. I won't bother going into EQ, because guitars and cabs will really affect how those are set.

My guitar is an American Deluxe V-neck Strat. It's got the S-1 switch and the SCN single coils. By using the different pickup combinations and those 2 channels, I can get almost any tone imaginable, with the exception of a pristine, high-headroom clean.

Anyway, I was messing around with all of the above for about an hour this morning, and it eventually cured my GAS. See, I've been loving my Ace since I've had it, but I've been longing for something more versatile, namely a Mark V, because I wanted to have instant access to 3 main sounds - clean, warm overdrive, and full distortion - and I've been thinking about selling the Ace to help fund it. After today, though, I don't think I'll ever sell this amp. It's too pretty to look at, and it sounds ridiculous when it's dialed in.

Do I still want the Mark? Well, yeah, but my dad has a Mark IV that he rarely uses, so I can get my fix that way if I really need to. That is if I don't mind the drive to his house and then the joy of lugging around a beastly amp in a beastly road case. :)

I don't think I will ever be 100% happy with anything, especially something as silly as an amp, but it's nice to at least be content again.

Back