Audible Pop When Switching Channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
Do any of you hear a pop when switching channels? I usually get one, but not always, and it's when switching from Channel 1 to Channel 2. I remember reading about this a lot when I was in the Express forum, but it never happened on my amp, so I kind of disregarded the posts.

Experiencing pop issue when ch 1 to ch 2 in Fluid Drive switch. Read that this may be static charge in the relays. Initial on/standby mode, walk through each channel and mode positions (Ch 1 selecting clean/tite clean/crunch, then move to Ch 2 crunch/tite gain/fluid drive). This seems to reduce the initial pop.

I observed slight pop noise when foot switched ch 1 to ch 2 (fluid drive). Could be coupled with higher gain chain. My ch 2 pop does track the ch 2 master setting.

I called Mesa Tech Support, agent did not seem to familiar (not much comment given) with this ch 2 pop condition in Stiletto series.

Mesa Dual Recti?er Roadster - Manual
6.) You will notice a substantial volume increase when switching from either the RAW or VINTAGE modes to the MODERN mode in Channels 3 & 4.When switching modes Always check your MASTER controls to avoid sudden volume increases. It is a good practice when setting up your channels, to get in the habit of zeroing out the Channel MASTER control each time you switch modes.

Latest posts

Back