12:00

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
My current rig is Strat --> Nova System --> Ace Head --> 3/4-back 1x12".

My theory with amps is set the controls at noon and tweak from there. My past amps never stayed at noon, but I love the way the Ace sounds with all controls (except for Master, of course) at noon, so they've stayed right there. I'm curious if this has been the case for anyone else, or if it's just the magic that my guitar and cab add to the equation.

No. But, that's where I started.

On channel 1 clean I run bass and mid at around 9:00, treble and presence around 11:00 to 1:00 depending on OD pushing front end. I used to run output at max but recently dialed it back to 9:00. Gain and Master are usually around 10-11:00. I run a Jeckyl anf Hyde out front for high gain and cut the treble and presence down a bit. When the OCD is engaged, I push treb and presence up a bit. This may look a little uncharacteristic as the Stiletto is a bright amp, but running mainly thru fat clean is bassier. The V1.4 OCD is a bassier sounding gain so I kick the highs up to suit: . I use volume control on guitar to tame. As I mentioned in another post, I wish this thing sounded better running purely in the od channels but it does not, to me. In hindsight, maybe I should have invested more into new pre-amp tubes rather than od pedals. I use the OCD for older rock style and JH for newer metal styles and they almost match what I'm looking for soudwise.

Sorry for the long post. Oh, after hearing the new Rectos (and old too) and watching the JP Mark V vid, I want one, or both.

I start there also. The only exceptions I know of was my old DC5 head and the GEQ Marks. The best way to run the DCs IMO is with the EQ knobs on 10 them cut what you dont need. The GEQ does the rest. The marks, the EQs dont do much so I treat them as extra gain controls if that makes sence. Turn the treb up and the mid and bass down really low seems to give a good gain structure for the amp. Then again the GEQ does the rest

Back