What power tubes are you using for your Stiletto Deuce

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Aboard,

I just recently bought one mint too. (7 months ago)
Still tweaking the sounds. I threw a set of SED Winged C's in that I had in my Laney to see the difference and I think I will be going with either those or trying out the Tung Sol EL34b's I'm hearing good thing about them but I think its going to be mostly about what style you play and how you like the amp to feel.
I like percussive low end.
You'll be amazed the range of sound you can get from this amp.
Make sure to try channel 1 crunch. It reminds me of a modded vintage marshall.(but better)

I've been using the Mullard EL34s for the last two years. Prior to that I gigged using the SED "C"s. The Winged "C"s are great and really seemed to add clarity / definition but I'm kind of liking the warmth that the Mullards are bringing. I play classic hard rock stuff and the Mullards are fitting that style quite well.
Good luck on your quest.

I've went back to stock tubes. This is coming from a guy that has tried everything imaginable. I've realized after hundreds and hundreds of practice hours with my bands and almost 10 straight years of gigging that regardless of tubes, with a few knob twists I can usually find the sound I'm looking for. So, different tubes usually aren't worth the hassle or money.

Latest posts

Back