Can I run a Mark V head through a Stiletto Ace combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsl2358

Reaction score
I'm a casual guitarist with a Mesa Stiletto Ace 1x12 combo. I am considering buying a Mark V head and am wondering if I can run the Mark V head through the Stiletto Combo V30 speaker. I want to keep the Stiletto but can't afford the Mark V head and cab and the present time.

Yeah, this is totally doable, but keep in mind that the Vintage 30 is only rated at 60 watts, so to be safe you'd want to avoid the 90 watt setting on the Mark V.

Do I simply run the speaker cable from the head into the speaker output of the Stiletto combo? Sorry for the elementary questions. I'm a teacher who plays just for fun and am new to high end amps.

As you already know, a combo amp is a head and speaker cabinet built into one box. The speaker cabinet portion has a cable that is soldered to the speaker on one end and has a 1/4" plug on the other. Simply take that 1/4" plug which is currently plugged into the Ace chassis and insert it into a 8 Ohm output on the Mark V (or any other amp, for that matter.)

Back