First Jam with my Stiletto II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pboogie

Reaction score
Jammed this past weekend with the boys for the first time since my recto/stiletto trade.
What a difference! Tight, crisp, clean. I didn't use any effects accept for a little delay and quite
frankly I really felt I didn't need them. I used a 10 eq in my recto and a pedal in front of the amp to tighten it up. I'm shocked how different the two amps preform. I'm certainly not going to slam the recto. That would be ignorant. Because the kid who took my recto sure made it sing. It just wasn't the sound for me.
I'm surprised the stilettos aren't more popular. My music store has one stiletto and five rectos.
I'm glad I made the trade and I feel like I'm no longer "searching" for my sound.
It's loaded with mesa tubes and he said they should be replaced. So I guess new tubes will be my next quest.
I had JJ's in my recto. Not sure how I felt about them.

Congrats on finding your sound!! it can be quite elusive sometimes. I know i looked (listened) for years until I found mine in an Ace!!! 8)

They do sound good in a band setting, don't they! Like you I've had EQs in the loop, and various other things, but since I got My 2x12 Recto underneath, I don't need anything... except just a touch of delay for flavor...that's it! :mrgreen:

Enjoy!!

The Stiletto really is underrated. I just sold my Triple Recto last week and kept my Stiletto Deuce. There has only been one store that I used to live near that had a wider Mesa selection than just Recto's and Road King's. On several occasions, I spent a good amount of time messing with a Stiletto and was thoroughly impressed. I've been a Recto user for years, so I didn't see myself getting rid of the Recto for the Stiletto. Only recently have I realized I really like the sounds of a Recto, although it's not my sound. With that being said, I'm still toying with the idea of picking up a Rectoverb. :lol:

Latest posts

Back