Greetings from the other side

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pboogie

Reaction score
What's up guys? I just traded my Dual Rectifier for a Stiletto Deuce 2.
I guess this is where I'll be trolling around from now on.
I can't wait to hear this thing with my band this weekend.
I'm a little older and we mostly play early metal like Maiden, Megadeth, Ozzy, Van Halen
and stuff like that. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get my recto to behave.
Way too thick. I was always messing with the knobs. I'm hoping this trade will fix things.
I think it may be easier for me to tame the Stiletto highs than it was for me to brighten up my recto.

Hey there - welcome to the Stiletto forum. I made the same trade a few years back for similar reasons. I miss the DR at times (functionality, 3 channels, etc...), but for the most part am happy I did it. And, like you, also could not pull the thickness out of the DR. But one CAN tame the highs on the Stiletto. The Stiletto will SHINE in the band setting. You'll love it. Enjoy.

Congratulations on the switch to the Stiletto. It should do a great job covering the style of music you described. I came to the Stiletto after selling my Nomad.
I was constantly tweaking that thing during gigs. I know it drove our other guitar player crazy. :lol: It did me.
My first gig with the Stiletto was a real pleasure after that. I cranked it up and took off. I remember having a great night. No more fussing around. :)
After that it was just fine tuning with tubes and speakers to get it where I wanted to be. I ended up doing the Mansfield mod although I'm not sure I really needed to for my taste. I do not regret doing it though. I'm very happy.

Here's hoping it serves you well brother.
Let us know how it all works out.

The Stiletto is an awesome and very underrated amp. I finally bought the Deuce a few months ago and wish I bought it years ago when I first played one. You'll have a much easier time EQ'ing the Stiletto than what you've been used to with the Recto. The high end really isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Latest posts

Back