RANT!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
Why do people have to be assholes? I understand that a forum dedicated to guitar amplifiers is going to have a predominately male user base, but even with the abundance of free-flowing testosterone, is there really a need to personally attack someone based on an insignificant disagreement?

*exhales*

I totally agree. Time and time again I see that are a quite a few people who belong to this forum who are just downright rude to other members on a regular basis.

All message boards have the same problem sadly and its not just us gents that can be asshats. Sports related boards i think are the worst.

When you read the same 10 problems over and over again it can get irritating, particularly when someone is way out in left field regarding a solution.

I find it doubly irritating when someone gets overly dramatic and carries on like they've been personally f*cked over by a common tube failure.

Sometimes I let it get to me and I unload. I probably shouldn't, but we all have our faults.

screamingdaisy said:
When you read the same 10 problems over and over again it can get irritating, particularly when someone is way out in left field regarding a solution.

I find it doubly irritating when someone gets overly dramatic and carries on like they've been personally f*cked over by a common tube failure.

+1000

It's hard to actually help someone who refuses to even try to help themselves and hit the 'search' button.

Not sure what you are refering to but......I have to agree with a previous poster that sport forums are among the worst for childish attacks. I have yet to experience any of that on this Board.

ive only been on this board for a few months, but this place seems much nicer in general than just about any other site ive seen (namely, youtube and harmony central).

rocknroll9225 said:
ive only been on this board for a few months, but this place seems much nicer in general than just about any other site ive seen (namely, youtube and harmony central).

I agree 100%. Comparisons aside, though, I still see no reason to turn a disagreement into an attack.

rocknroll9225 said:

Youtube is populated by insecure and hormonal teenagers. It is nasty!!

YellowJacket said:
Youtube is populated by insecure and hormonal teenagers. It is nasty!!

I'm insecure and hormonal too at 41yo. Or, as I prefer to put it, I'm 17 with 24yrs experience. :p

rocknroll9225 said:

For the most part, this forum is one of the most helpful and laid-back forums I've belonged to.

There are a few asshats that like to take themselves too seriously and think they know it all, and will get butthurt if their opinion is objected. Those are usually the newcomers though and they don't seem to last long.

Back