Just paid for my Ace!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
Now all I get to hurry up and wait for the seller to ship it. I'm so stoked about this! Yeeeeeeeah! :mrgreen:

You want pics? - http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51351

I won't bother with audio clips because all I have is my MacBook Pro mic. Just imagine a Fender Am Dx Strat into the Ace with a T.C. Nova Sys in the loop. :)

Wow! That is one nice looking amp. I've only played an Ace once and that was back when they came out. How do they compare to the Deuce?

The Deuce is switchable 50/100 watts per channel. The Ace is 50 watts, period. That's the only difference. :)

Oh, one more distinction - all Aces are "Stage II". They introduced the Ace at the same time as upgrading the Deuce and Trident.

So, what do you guys recommend as far as cabs and speakers go? I have a 1x12 3/4-back with a C90 which I think I'll like, but I want to know what your favorites are!

I have not done much experimenting so others may be able to help you more.
I own a Stiletto 2x12 w/ v30s, a Recto 2x12 with v30s and a Recto 2x12 with Scumback M75s.
The M75 loaded cabinet is by far my favorite. The V30s seem to accentuate the highs more which is great for cutting through a band mix.
The Scumbacks just give me a more vintage sound. That's kind of where my head is at so I'm very happy with them.

I'm so tempted (gassing) to get a 4x12 cabinet as I've never owned one. It would be overkill for me but what's wrong with a little rock and roll excess? :)

Gosh, what I'd give to have back my first 4x12, HiWatt cab, Let it go for a deep discount. (**** drugs) :x

Ahhhh!! Dude!!! you got THAT head!! schweeeet!!

I run a recto 2x12 under my Ace combo and love it!! :mrgreen: I've been thinkin lately about switching to a 4x12, but that's going to take a little time and $$$.

Enjoy your Ace....they are insanely fun!!...and they sound good too! :lol:

Yeah, I got "that" one. :) It will be at my house on Friday. I'm kind of expecting tube issues, but I'm really hoping it just works when I plug it in. Agh, I can't wait!

My next Mesa purchase will be a Recto 2x12" Horizontal cab. I see that being a great match.

On a similar note, I have a friend at church who gets a really good tone. He told me he uses Celestion Lead 80's, and since that's pretty much the same thing as a Mesa C90, I'm pretty sure I'll really like the 3/4-back.

Happy New Amp Day to me! I am beyond stoked!

Side note: don't ship Fed Ex. They really don't care about the customer.

Other side note: 'UsrName' is an honest guy who stays true to his word. Don't ever hesitate to purchase from him!

8) That was cool. I mean, that brought back some memories for me......I won't go there...yet. The little one was groovin on it and it sounds good, I hope you're happy, beautiful amp.

\m/

tt

Back