Dumble tones?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duece2

Reaction score
Have any of you achieved getting Dumble amp tones out the Deuce? 8)

I don't know if this is Dumble clean tone but I think I'm getting close.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2pfps_q6kE

All the dumble stuff Im familiar with is all lead tone stuff. But that clip sounded great though!

Thanks, I'm gonna try working on some lead/dirty tone see how close I can get.

Duece2 said:
Thanks, I'm gonna try working on some lead/dirty tone see how close I can get.

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know Eurotubes.com has a set of JJ tubes that will help your Stiletto be "smoother." They describe it as like an Eric Johnson/Santana sort of sound. They explain how it's done, too. I love websites that actually help! Great vid, btw!

I have the premium set off JJ from Eurotubes in my stilleto. I think they are an improvement from the stock tubes that came with the amp, but there is no Eric Johnson tones in there because of there gold pin tubes. Nice marketing though.

droptrd said:
All the dumble stuff Im familiar with is all lead tone stuff. But that clip sounded great though!

Well the op is definetley playing the right song for Dumble tones. A good example of Dumble clean tones would be SRV'S Lenny, and Riviera Paradise. Especially live, Although he used several amps at once (Dumble, Marshall, Fender) When he wanted that crystal clear bell like clean, it was through the Dumble alone. His studio version of little wing was supposedly a Dumble loaded with KT66 tubes. This is my particular favorite tone.

Latest posts

Back