Ace footswitch issue!...need help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al3d

Reaction score
OK..i landed myself a Stilleto Ace Combo, 2x12...i just LOVE the amp. Now, i got the amp and footswitch, but no switch cable, owner said it's a standard stereo cable. SO..went and bought one. BUT..problem is the fonctions are inverted..when i hit the channel switch..the SOLO activates and when i hit the Solo..i switch channel. I want it the right now, so please don't tell me..JUST use it that way..LOL

The cable has a 3 wire thingy...red, blue and ground. all connections seem fine from what i can see. So what could be causing this?

cvansickle said:
Get out your soldering iron. Open the box, and flip-flop the tip and ring connections on the switch's output jack.

that was my first tought, but there is no wire in the footswitch, all PC board connection.

ValveHeavyTone said:
you have to flip both ends of the cable!

does'nt change anything..weather it's one or the other..connection wont realy change, just the wire's colors.

Your right, wiring wouldn't make a difference. Tip to tip and sleeve to sleeve. The footswitch looks to be a simple circuit. I opened mine up to see. Must be something going on inside the amp.

Latest posts

Back