Noise in Stiletto Deuce

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickHart

Reaction score
I have had this amp for a while and I was changing around effects pedals and I noticed a noise coming from the amp. When everything is disconnected it is just a low hum as I connect other pedals to the front input the noise gets louder (and weirder). When I use an overdrive pedal (Barber Small Fry), there is an unbearable static noise. I did not have these problems yesterday. The fx loop in the back has noise as well that wasn't present yesterday. I have been trying to isolate the pedals to look for ground loops and bad cables. But I can't seem to find an answer. Do any of the tubes need replacing? I have never replaced any.

My rig:
Hamer Daytona - MXR 10 band eq - Dunlop Dimebag Wah - Boss tuner - Barber Small Fry - Stilletto - (fx loop) Boss DD-20 delay - MXR phaser - Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe - Boss Super Chorus.

sounds like one of your preamp tubes went bad, the only way i know how to check preamps is to buy a replacement and go through and switch it with a preamp tube until you find the culprit. goodluck!

Back