Trident Stage II vs Deuce Stage II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kissmyaxe

Reaction score
What are the differences between these two amps other than one being able to go to 150 Watts... or is that the only difference?

Yes, that is the only difference. You'll get more headroom with the Trident, although I'm not sure it'll matter that much. When using all three sets of power tubes at very high volumes you'll also get a different gain feel than with the Stiletto Deuce -- a bit more compressed feeling due to the extra rectification tube (if you choose tube rectification of course!). You also have the individual channel power on both amps too.

This amp is very tight and very immediate in feel when you are playing it. If you are used to the slower response of the Rectos, you might want to check one out in depth to be sure this is what you want. Overall, a fantastic amp. Most gripes comes from players comparing it to Shiva's, Splawn's, and Marshall's. This is a very cool amplifier!

I know you were talking about getting a Dual Rectifier too. I think a good amp for you in your price range could also be an ElectraDyne -- you get some midrangey British gain and some round American clean tones!

There is a fellow selling a used combo for only $1000. Check it out!

Back