Stiletto Ace rectifier tube problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaldawg1

Reaction score
I have a Stiletto Ace combo that has had rectifier tube problems almost from day 1. I purchased the amp December 2006 and it was repaired by Mesa around December of 2007 for this same issue. What happens is if I switch either channal from diode to tube rectifier the sound quickly fades out. I think Mesa replaced the tube socket when I shipped it back to them. It worked for a short time then the same issue. I've just been using both channels on diode for the last couple of years but would like to have the amp operating as it should. I just bought a brand new Mesa rectifier tube in hopes that it would be an easy fix but the amp does the same thing with the new tube. The tube lights up so I don't think it is the socket being bad. Anyone have any ideas?

Hey MetalDawg -

Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm wondering if you've just had bad luck with Rectifier tubes repeatedly going out? Unlikely, I know, but not impossible but in any case, this isn't right.

Lemme know or shoot me a PM for further possibilities.

Authorized Boogie

Never had this problem with my Stiletto head. Of course, I rarely use the tube rectifier myself. I prefer the tightness of the solid state.

Back