Tube booster/overdrive on ACE ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alie123

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I've just listened to a few demo's of a new cool pedal.
(maxon tbo-9)

Has anyone tried this pedal on they're Stileto amp? I'm looking for a good boost or overdrive pedal that matches VERY well with my ACE. Tried several pedals, but it seems that not all pedals do like my ACE. I've found out that my RC booster works very well also. I've also heard that the OD808 also works very well with the Stiletto amps, but I don't have that pedal.

I'm very interested in the Maxon tbo-9 pedal for a good overdrive/boosted sound. I think it's a great pedal!! Anyone tried one of these? The reason I ask this, is there's no store around here who has the pedal so I can try one :-(

Thanks!

Fulltone FDII was exceptional with my Deuce when I owned it, and is the go-to pedal for my MKV and Lonestar Classic. Versatile and transparent, with a huge range of drive and grind

Seems to work well with every Mesa I have put it with, but have no personal experience with an Ace

I tried a few different OD and distortion pedals with mine, and none of them really did what I was looking for - Then I got a compressor and that changed everthing

Tried a bunch. My fav is the Barber Direct Drive. Had a modded SD-1 that was cool too. It had a lot of bottom. The Fromel Death is Gain was awesome with my Stiletto also. And too many others to list were cool too :)

Back