Suhr Koko and Shiba pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cragginshred

Reaction score
Anybody out there using the Suhr Shiba or Koko boost with the Stiletto? I tried the Riot to a/b it with the Stiletto's gain and as I thought no box can hang with good 100w tube gain. The box would stay if I had a lonestar and need the gain. So, on to the shiba and koko. I am looking to use to koko as demo'd as a boost to cleans (potentially to replace or in addition to my Carl Martin compressor) as well as to boost high gain solos stuff. I am curious as to how the stiletto will react to it compared to just using it's boost? Also thoughts on the Shiba, mainly looking to use it in to the front of the stiletto as an added layer of gain (similar to a BB or Maxon 808). Please share info regarding these pedals primarily if the shiba is worth the extra dough, and if you have not held a Suhr guitar or heard the clarity in their pups,..... they are 'all that' and more. Made for Mesa amps period, check em out!

The shiba is very warm sounding, and I prefer it on it's own, rather than as a boost... i tend to think of it as the 'eric johnson in a box' pedal.

Without a doubt the koko is the better boost. The midboost just makes everything sound better. For high gain solos, I don't think it can be beat. It's very clear and tracks very fast, and just has a certain mojo to it.

Of the three Suhr pedals (riot, shiba and koko)... the koko is the one I would take with me to the desert island.

Back