Modes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fama

Reaction score
I may call Boogie about this one but I'll start here first.
Would it be possible to modifty the tite clean mode to tite gain mode :?:
Why
I would like to switch between tite gain for rhythms and fluid drive for leads. For me this modifcation would make this amp the super hi gain metal machine in both channels. :twisted:

Stiletto Ace Head
Stiletto 4-12-V-30
Les Paul
Area 51 wah
Two cords

How about this
3 modes - 2 channels - same modes in each channel.
I don't use Fat clean or tite clean so replace/Mod it with tite gain and fluid drive:twisted:

It's a great amp and its doing what I want it too but I feel it could have more gain in that first channel.

Who can do this Mod :?:

fama said:
How about this
3 modes - 2 channels - same modes in each channel.
I don't use Fat clean or tite clean so replace/Mod it with tite gain and fluid drive:twisted:

It's a great amp and its doing what I want it too but I feel it could have more gain in that first channel.

Who can do this Mod :?:

pm monsta-tone and/or boogiebabies, they sure can help ya. 8)

Keep us posted. i would run channel 1 with tite gain at 10-11 and ch 2 with the gain at 12-1 for a lower to higher gain jump.

It would take a LOT of work to do that. The PCB would have to basically be redesigned, because there is no way to effectively reroute the signal path through channel 1's existing tone stack. It could be done, but it would take major reconstructive surgery.

It would be cheaper and more efficient to simply buy another amp and switch between them, or maybe boost the crunch channel.

Without having to modify the amp, here is the solution I've been using to get more sounds... I have found that this amp takes pedals unbelieveably well! I'm using the fat clean in channel one in conjunction with a BB Preamp, a MI Audio Crunch box, and a MI Audio Tube zone. I can go from an awesome pure clean tone, to a slightly dirty sound with the BB, to a raging Marshally tone with the Crunch Box (somewhat like tite drive), and I get a more bass heavy scooped sound from the Tube Zone. So I've got those 4 sounds covered in Channel one... Then I use the fluid drive in channel 2 for lead work.

I wouldn't be so excited about this set-up if the amp didn't take to pedals so well.

All the modes are good on this AMP. THe rest is up to you and what you consider good or not good based on Tonal opinions. I personally use all the modes and mix it up. the mode i use the least however is the crunch mode in the clean channel not to say it is bad. When i get my BK butler TUbe driver pedal i am sure i will be experimenting with this mode again :)

Latest posts

Back