Do the stage 2 duece have a decent low end

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you concider decent? Compared to a recto - no. compared to a Marshall - yes.

Possibly. I ran an eq in the loop with 100hz +2 db and 200hz +1 db. That was all it took. perfect.

Jak0lantern01 said:
Guitar isn't a 'bottom end' insrtument anyway. That's why we have bass players.

+1 which is why I still find it odd that the recto line is still popular (maybe it's the kind of rig that's required for 7 string players? ahem, I mean bass players?)

With an eq in the loop and the presence at 7, mid at 8, treb at 9, bass at 2-3 it has a great tonal spectrum with not just thunderous bottom but the whole gamut from gained out shred to rolling off the vol knob and getting sweet touch sensitive picking nuances. Shall I go on?

The recto is good for more then just metal, you can do so much with it, and it can enhance the bottem end and also help the bass player.

rabies said:
Jak0lantern01 said:

+1 which is why I still find it odd that the recto line is still popular (maybe it's the kind of rig that's required for 7 string players? ahem, I mean bass players?)

siggy14 said:
The recto is good for more then just metal, you can do so much with it, and it can enhance the bottem end and also help the bass player.

rabies said:
Jak0lantern01 said:

one of my fav bands is gojira and they were/are using 2 rectos. the mids don't come thru very well. if you run a recto and a marshall/stiletto in a hard-rock/metal band, you're probly ok.

the recto has a distinct sound that kicks *** for metal but nobody uses it for leads AFAIK, although I used it for leads w/ RK1 in triode/spongy/recto tracking while playing along with stereo modal jazz stuff...

Half of Gojira's problem is the marshall cabs they use, probaly loaded with 75's which is a mid cut speaker, you take a mid cut speaker and a mid cut amp and you will have basically no mids, that is why the recto's were teamed up with V30's as they give them some upper mids.

As to recto's, I have seen them played in all genre's of music, from rock, pop, country, metal, hell James Brown (RIP) guitarist used a 2 channel triple on stage. Where you are really seeing a big surge with the recto's is in country music.

Yeah, mostly pop country, or rock country, i think alot of them liked the pushed mode or the raw mode on the amps.

rabies said:
siggy14 said:
Where you are really seeing a big surge with the recto's is in country music.

dude are you serious? I'd imagine they'd be using fenders or lonestars...

IME, my Roadster utterly sucked going into a Marshall cab with G12-75Ts. Seems to sound best with V30s IMO...

rabies said:
siggy14 said:
Where you are really seeing a big surge with the recto's is in country music.

dude are you serious? I'd imagine they'd be using fenders or lonestars...

Jason Aldean's guitarist used a Recto for some music awards performance recently. I saw a Garth Brooks performance where the guitarist had a 2 channel Recto stack. It's not as uncommon as you may think.

Recto does great rock and awesome punk rock as well as some nice blues / jazz tones. I find it weird that people consider it a mid cut amp when I got one BECAUSE of the vocal mids. I always found marshalls too scooped sounding (Sound like a rattling metal cylinder full of angry wasps) until I realized that I just hate Celestion g12T-75s. In my opinion, the biggest challenge is to get the right speaker / speaker cabinet combo with a recto as well as the right Guitar / PUP combo. The instrument isn't just about the amp, it is everything working in tandem. In my opinion, if you want a killer rig, get a guitar you are happy with FIRST and then test amp and speaker combinations with THAT GUITAR.

YellowJacket said:
Recto does great rock and awesome punk rock as well as some nice blues / jazz tones. I find it weird that people consider it a mid cut amp when I got one BECAUSE of the vocal mids. I always found marshalls too scooped sounding (Sound like a rattling metal cylinder full of angry wasps) until I realized that I just hate Celestion g12T-75s. In my opinion, the biggest challenge is to get the right speaker / speaker cabinet combo with a recto as well as the right Guitar / PUP combo. The instrument isn't just about the amp, it is everything working in tandem. In my opinion, if you want a killer rig, get a guitar you are happy with FIRST and then test amp and speaker combinations with THAT GUITAR.

I don't know why people brand the Recto as a mid cut amp. It's actually very mid heavy, but those mids are in the lower part of the spectrum. Any amp will be mid cut with the knob at zero.

mikey383 said:
I don't know why people brand the Recto as a mid cut amp. It's actually very mid heavy, but those mids are in the lower part of the spectrum. Any amp will be mid cut with the knob at zero.

Ya, I think the low mid emphasis is designed work in combination with the high mid spike that comes with v30s.

I really wonder why Mesa only uses a couple of Celestions in cabs.

Back