Stilleto clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-BOOGIE_MAN-

Reaction score
I'd like to hear how this thing screams in high gain or using drop tuning

Is stiletto has the same amount gain as rectifier?
If someone could post a youtube link, that'd be awesome!! :D

I'm after a killswitch engage, breaking benjamin, crown evict kinda sound. I'm pretty sure these guys play EL-34 amps i.e. H&K triamp, Framus dragon, bogner unberschall, etc. Can stiletto be set to something like that too?? I saw a guy play ramones on channel 2 (tite and fluid) sounds like this thing has got gains but i just wanna know if this thing capable of delivering detune stuff as well.

Thanks

here is one clip i did a while ago, the day i got my amp...

quality sucks though but it does at least show you that this can certainly be used as a metal amp if you want it to be. it surely works as a metal amp, it just depends if the sound is what you are going after. the amp can surely do metal, albeit in a different fashion than say a rectifier. i find it to be a blend of recto and mark lineage...it also can sound pretty similar to the bogner ecstasy

as soon as i can, i plan on recording another clip of my stiletto. next time it will be of better quality/better amp eq now that i'm comfy with the amp.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/75-tone%20test%20day1.mp3

if the link does not work for whatever reason, just go to netmusicians.org, and find the stiletto trident stage II amp section.

Hey buddy,

Thanks for the clip. I find that the sound coming from it is a bit 'dry' is that your intention? whats the setting on this one?

I bet if you set it to 'fluid' will sound like KSE much better!! :D

I'll be waiting on that!!

rich said:

quality sucks though but it does at least show you that this can certainly be used as a metal amp if you want it to be. it surely works as a metal amp, it just depends if the sound is what you are going after. the amp can surely do metal, albeit in a different fashion than say a rectifier. i find it to be a blend of recto and mark lineage...it also can sound pretty similar to the bogner ecstasy

as soon as i can, i plan on recording another clip of my stiletto. next time it will be of better quality/better amp eq now that i'm comfy with the amp.

if the link does not work for whatever reason, just go to netmusicians.org, and find the stiletto trident stage II amp section.

I use the Stiletto for metal, and we play most of our tracks in Drop Db. We have one song called "Drown the Hero" that's in Drop Bb. This prob isn't a good representation, but here's a brief clip of the intro to the song. Not mixed, so I apologize up front for the poor sound quality. And you'll have to get through the rain and effects over the clean guitar lick at first before the main riff kicks in, but it's a sample tone of it mixed with a Recto. It's only a short sample, and like I said...home recorded and unmixed, but you get the idea. I'll see if I can find a chugging clip later for you.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=924976&songID=7349358

Thanks heaps for the clips guys.

But still they dont convince me that the amp able to do detune metal like the bands i mentioned above.

How much gain can this amp can do compare to H&K triamp or Framus?

I don't understand why the need for a Stiletto? You noted you're after a Killswitch Engage, Breaking Benjamin sound...and you have a Single Rectifier. Your Recto should be able to easily cop the tones you're looking for.

To answer your questions, yes the Stiletto has more than plenty of gain on tap for those types of sounds, though those bands don't use as much gain as you would think. Can you not cop those sounds with your Recto?

I want EL-34 based amp, and I dont wanna go back to marshall. I had a bad experience with DSL50 a while ago. So I'm sticking with mesa/boogie. Expensive but WORTH IT.

No, my single recto doesnt sound like breaking benjamin.
I tried less gain, its loosing bottom end, put more gain cant hear the clarity of the sound though the bass kinda hit me in the balls.

I;m ordering EL-34 from Doug, cant wait to try them on my recto.

Silverwulf said:
I don't understand why the need for a Stiletto? You noted you're after a Killswitch Engage, Breaking Benjamin sound...and you have a Single Rectifier. Your Recto should be able to easily cop the tones you're looking for.

To answer your questions, yes the Stiletto has more than plenty of gain on tap for those types of sounds, though those bands don't use as much gain as you would think. Can you not cop those sounds with your Recto?

I think a Stiletto Deuce has SICK gain on tap- the difference is in the voicing. Where a Recto has the crushing Low Mids, the Stiletto has its sweet spot in the mid-Highs, but in the amount of time I have played with a stiletto, I am able to dial in a seriously saturated sound with the gain at 12:00. The stiletto response is tighter and far more urgent than a recto too. A little EQ and possible boost up front should help a Stiletto create some seriously punishing stuff....
my $.02

Laskyman (who really wants a Stiletto Deuce)

COOL!!! thanks for info guys!!

I'll get this definitely cheers everyone!!

Laskyman said:
I think a Stiletto Deuce has SICK gain on tap- the difference is in the voicing. Where a Recto has the crushing Low Mids, the Stiletto has its sweet spot in the mid-Highs, but in the amount of time I have played with a stiletto, I am able to dial in a seriously saturated sound with the gain at 12:00. The stiletto response is tighter and far more urgent than a recto too. A little EQ and possible boost up front should help a Stiletto create some seriously punishing stuff....
my $.02

Laskyman (who really wants a Stiletto Deuce)

rich said:

Please share the settings you used for this clip.

Thanks
Geiri

Back