Cable for footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpuss66

Reaction score
I recently sent my footswitch back as the solo function would'nt work on my stilleto deuce to the uk distibutors.They checked it on a couple of amps and guess what much to my embaressment it's was my cable :oops:
I had a cable that came with the amp but i lost it when i was playing a gig in germany.
I'm sure i checked it with all the leads i have at home,but as usual its the obvious thing that goes wrong!
To make matters worse during the phone conversation the guy asked had i checked the soldering on the cable!
I felt an idiot,i've been playing for over 20yrs and i did'nt think to look!!
So as to not look anymore stupid than i already do,what cable should i buy?

Your just looking for a stereo cable with 1/4" TRS plugs. That'll do the trick.

Hey, don't feel bad.
It happens.
You are not alone with that problem.
Not too long ago this forum was full of posts concerning the Stiletto foot switch trouble.
Myself included. That factory cable was the source most of the time.

my solo switch didn't work once so I brought my switch/cable in to have it looked at. I was afraid my amp was screwed. The solder on one side of the cable came off and it took 5 minutes to fix. The guy smiled and said "no charge" :oops: .

Nice names on this board: bagpuss, hoobafrank, riffblister, where do we come up with these?

Nice names on this board: bagpuss, hoobafrank, riffblister, where do we come up with these?

Yeah, too funny.
Our bass player jokingly gave me the flashy rock star stage name "Riff Blister" after a good night of guitar playing (rare).
We have a lot of fun because we don't take our selves very seriously. Too **** old to be cool any more.
It reminded me of the rocker on the "Jetson's" cartoon "Jet Screamer"

bagpuss66 said:
I recently sent my footswitch back as the solo function would'nt work on my stilleto deuce to the uk distibutors.They checked it on a couple of amps and guess what much to my embaressment it's was my cable :oops:
I had a cable that came with the amp but i lost it when i was playing a gig in germany.
I'm sure i checked it with all the leads i have at home,but as usual its the obvious thing that goes wrong!
To make matters worse during the phone conversation the guy asked had i checked the soldering on the cable!
I felt an idiot,i've been playing for over 20yrs and i did'nt think to look!!
So as to not look anymore stupid than i already do,what cable should i buy?

Haha I had the same thing happen. don't sweat it

jab said:

I was huge into hoobastank when I was in school, and my last name is Frank. So it stuck... :p

Back