Stiletto Ace 112 - Footswich - Advice Sought

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panrixx

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently taken delivery of this amp. I have been reading the manual very carefully but there is one area, regarding the footswitch, that it does not seem clear (see extracts below).

Can anyone clarify when you would plug the footswitch into the 'Channel' jack and when into the 'Solo' jack? If you use the 'solo' jack, say, does that mean that the footswitch 'channel' button has no affect and the reverse if you use the 'Channel' jack?

Extracts from manual:

"The SOLO Control is activated when the Footswitch is connected to the FOOTSWITCH jack on the Rear Panel and the FX LOOP is activated. When the footswitch is not connected the SOLO Control will have no effect on the volume level."

"These jacks provide an external trigger port for the Channel Select and SOLO functions. They may be connected to an external master controller (usually MIDI programmable) so that one command can control all footswitchable functions on your ACE, along with any midi program change commands sent to your outboard processors. This is a great feature that will allow you to avoid the dreaded pedal board dance."

Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

Brian

That must be an error. The solo control is activated when the footswitch is connected to the footswitch jack on the front of the amp and when the FX loop is activated. The rear EXT SW inputs are for external switching of functions, channel and solo.

I'm not sure if the footswitch will do anything on the rear EXT SW inputs, but the footswitch should always be used on the footswitch input on the front of the amp, unless doing external switching, like with a Axess CFX4 or RJM Amp Gizmo.

hoobafrank said:
That must be an error. The solo control is activated when the footswitch is connected to the footswitch jack on the front of the amp...........

Thanks Hoobafrank. Once pointed out and in retrospect it now seems fairly obvious.

I am intending to use a TCElectronics G-System that I have, so would have to use the rear panel FX Loop for that.
Does anyone have this setup who can clarify the correct way to connect it up.

So far it appears that the ACE/G-System connections are:

AMP 'Input' (front panel) ---------------------- G-SYSTEM 'Insert Send'

AMP 'FX Loop Send' (rear panel) --------------- G-SYSTEM 'Insert Return'

AMP 'FX Loop Return' (rear panel) ---------------G-SYSTEM 'Output' (Left/Mono)

Any furher help gratefully received.

Yeah, thats about right. At least thats what the G-system manual looks like will work.

That way you can have boost before preamp and delay after preamp.

Latest posts

Back