Is there lagtime when switching channels on Stiletto like...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civicbud

Reaction score
...the Mesa Roadster? From what I hear, that sounds absolutely annoying. I am trying to gain all the info I can about the Stiletto before I go rock out on one. I am stuck between this and the Rockerverb 50. Is the effects channel on the Stiletto very good? Also, it doesn't have reverb, which is a huge downer! If I were to get a reverb pedal, anyone have any suggestions as to a specific type or brand they use with their Stiletto. I am in the Market for the Deuce, if that helps.

I have not noticed any lag when switching channels with my Deuce II.
It doesn't "pop" either like I've heard other complain about on other amps.

I only run a delay and a flanger through the loop. I'm happy with it though.
You can bypass the FX loop if you want to which may have some appeal.

The Deuce is the first amp I've ever owned that does not have reverb.
I don't miss it at all.

I sure would like to hear what you end up with. The prospect of owning an Orange Rockverb
has been haunting me in my dreams for quite some time.

My Ace switches channels fast and quietly.

The FX loop is a serial loop so, as it says in the manual, don't put a cheap processor in it. I use a POD xt and it only very slightly alters the tone and not in a bad way at all. I like the way it works out. And since it provides all my effects, I don't miss not having a built in reverb on the amp.

Also the POD xt has MIDI out and I use that with a MidiSolutions "Relay" and that switches channels along with patch changes. Again, very fast, very quiet. :D :D

Back