Fuse? Volume / fuzzy / Duece II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duece2

Reaction score
Ok, so I turn my amp on and I'm playing on the 2nd channel fluid gain. And I keep losing slight volume and its absolutely ball-less. Then I switch to the clean channel and notice I need to turn it up a little and i notice when I play a note it has a slight fuzz and fades away. So basically on the clean no matter what I play it has this trailing fuzz not real loud but noticeable. My output tubes the Rubys are maybe 3 months old and their glowing normal, I even swapped out tubes and put JJ el34s in and the same thing happens. So then I went thru and cleaned all sockets and tube pins with electronic spray, put all tubes back in and for about 45 seconds it sounded real good but it went back to the same problem. The preamp tubes are the kit from Dougstubes they seem to be glowing right and there about 4 months old. I tried swapping tubes in the phase inverter and the V1 slot but nothing changed. Last week I was playing and a wind storm knocked are power out, I was wondering if that could be hard on the fuse? I am running my amp on the diode mode too so its not the rectifier tubes.

Anybody have this problem before?

As per the users manual, V2A is the input stage for Fluid Drive and Fat Clean. Have you tried swapping that tube? FWIW, the glow of a preamp tube will not tell you much about it's performance. :shock:

JOEY B. said:
As per the users manual, V2A is the input stage for Fluid Drive and Fat Clean. Have you tried swapping that tube? FWIW, the glow of a preamp tube will not tell you much about it's performance. :shock:

Yep, I tried that and still no change. I also checked all the modes in both channels and it still has the same problem. :? I switched spongy to bold and there was no boost when it went to bold just sounds weak.

Ok, I figured out the problem after all the panic. It ended up being my **** bridge pickup wiring in the cavity of my guitar. Frickin Dimarzio wires I hate em their so **** thin and if they touch anything else it seems to go out of phase. :shock: Oh well just glad it wasn't my amp cause I literely pulled every tube out trying different ones.

Back