Dougs Tubes Mesa tone kit Stiletto Deuce

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newmesa

Reaction score
I play hard rock/metal.Has anyone re-tubed there Stiletto Deuce with Doug's recommended mesa tone kit? Did you replace all the tubes in the amp? He liked the Ruby EL34BSTR tubes for the power tubes and JAN Philips 5U4GB for the Rec tubes. Also the Pre amp tone kit he recommends for the mesa amps?

newmesa said:
I play hard rock/metal.Has anyone re-tubed there Stiletto Deuce with Doug's recommended mesa tone kit? Did you replace all the tubes in the amp? He liked the Ruby EL34BSTR tubes for the power tubes and JAN Philips 5U4GB for the Rec tubes. Also the Pre amp tone kit he recommends for the mesa amps?

I replaced all the tubes in my Duece with Dougs kit accept for the Rec. tubes I still have the stock ones. The preamp kit is awesome a real good mixture of tubes to get a great tone definetly warmer then the stock ones. In the output I've tried JJel34 and the EL34L and didn't like them at all. The Rubys sound the best to my ears anyway more harmonic and warm, focused great breakup definetly what I wanted for Hard Rock. Another tube I want to try is the Tungsol EL34 thats been getting really good reviews.

i've been happy with my doug's preamp tube set st st450's. I haven't tried other preamp tubes though than the stock ones so can't compare alot. I figure doug's is in the business and has actually thought about what warms up and sounds good with stiletto so went with it.

Latest posts

Back