Stiletto 2x12 or Rectifier 2x12 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srf399

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking of trading my Stiletto 2x12 cabinet for a Rectifier 2x12 cabinet. Any of you out there A/B'd the two? Would appreciate your thoughts.

I had a ace 2x12 combo. I just switched to a deuce with a recto 2x12 cab. The recto adds a LOT more beef and modern sound that the stiletto cab. If you are playing and thing modern go with the recto cab, and classic rock, go with the stiletto cab.

Both nice cabs though.

I like the Stiletto cab baecause it's easy to move around but I would like a little more bottom end and maybe a little looser feel.

Recto cab would do that.

You might want to try kt77's before you switch cabs, a lot cheaper and it might get you where you want to go.

Really dumb question here...

I'm looking at the Mesa price list. Stiletto cab and Rec cab both say 180 watt, V30, closed back, 8ohm. What's the difference? I'm assuming size maybe?

I own both and have spent some time comparing them.
I won't bore you with how I ended up with two Rectos and one Stiletto cabinet.
I have one cabinet too many right now. :roll:

Both cabinets sound great but I do prefer the Recto version over the Stiletto.
The sound difference is about what you would expect when you set the two side by side and make a visual comparison.
The Recto is bigger and heavier and sounds exactly that way.

Latest posts

Back