Maverick Tone Stack ?? Lead channel Help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el34sg

Reaction score
I have 1x12 Maverick Combo. Killer amp and love it.
I have a lead channel tone stack question. While dialing the 2 channels in for a similar tone, the lead channel
opens up with a ton of midrange with the treble off/at zero and when the treble knob is on 1.5/2 and above it adds treble and starts
removing the midrange? The rhythm channel has a normal type tone stack with the treble and mid knobs functioning like I'm used to.
In other words when you turn the treble up it doesn't remove the mids.
This new found tone stack issue on the lead channel is something I have grown to like. It's also something I've never experienced
on any amp. Lead channel with the treble off or below 2 the amp sounds much more open and full with a blooming natural sounding
midrange that I didn't know this amp had.
Is this the way this amp is designed on the lead channel? Or is something potentially wrong?

I hope all this makes sense and thanks in advance for your help.

From what the manual says, this seems to be by design

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/558388/Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-Maverick-Amp.html?page=7#manual

You are correct 100%. The Gear Page helped out big time.
It has a fixed tone stack going into an adjustable JCM800 2203 type tone stack.
As long as the treble is down/off the Lead channel is a monster of great tone.
More open and less compressed. It doesn't sound bad with the treble up, just not to my liking.

Latest posts

Back