Two Channel Dual Rec Footswitch Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggyshark

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Rev G Dual Rectifier, but it did not come with the footswitch. I'm a little confused by the setup, there's a single footswitch plug in the front, but also two on the back divided into fx/loop and channel. The two footswitches I have don't work when plugged into any of these. It seems Mesa doesn't make the exact two button footswitch for this any more so I was wondering what my options were as for something that could do the channel switching and the loop control. I also build guitar pedals so if someone has a diagram or could just take a picture of the inside of theirs that would be helpful.

Would any of these work?
guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-Switch-Doctor-Footswitch-Pedal.gc?rNtt=footswitch&index=31

guitarcenter.com/Used/PRS/2-BUTTON-FOOTSWITCH-Footswitch.gc?rNtt=footswitch&index=46

guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-Mesa-Footswitch-Pedal.gc?rNtt=footswitch&index=90

The jacks on the front and the back for channel switching are the same, and the FX loop switch jack is only available on the back. The DRs from that Era came with a single foot switch to change channels, and the other jacks on the rear were for optional switching either via foot switches or midi switching gear.

In general, any latching single foot switch using a TS cable should be able to turn on/off any of the switching jacks on the amp, but to switch both FX and channel from the same foot switch, you'd need a TRS cable that splits to a Y at the amp end so that each jack has a TS cable plugged into it.

Of the footswitches you posted, the PRS would probably work if you got an adapter to split the amp end into two jacks. The third might as well.

The first is probably like the switching in the Electradyne/Royal Atlantic which has a different wiring scheme and wouldn't work.

I had seen 3rd parties making custom footswitches for all sorts of Mesas over the years. Here for example is 1 button for a Dual Rec 2 channel:
https://reverb.com/au/item/9881006-cr-custom-1-button-footswitch-for-mesa-boogie-dual-rectifier-2-channel-amp-usa

You could also contact that builder and ask them about other switching options on the amp too:
https://www.facebook.com/CRCustomShop/

You could probably make your own for a song if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Latest posts

Back