Early Trem-O-Verb Information

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 84180

Reaction score
I have recently fallen in love with the ToV and went on a buying spree buying up 3 2x12 combos. I managed to find two early serial numbers 1737 and 2505 which have all of the correct loop and transformers that line up with the Rev F dual rectifiers.

I have a few questions for the TVerb connoisseurs out there.

What is the consensus on the early Tverbs are they truly considered a rev F or are there other changes to the Tverb that really makes ALL Tverbs Rev G?

Does anyone have a serial number earlier than 1737? There is no first serial listed on the official mesa site.

I have started a little history and info page on my website that I am just collecting up as much info I can. Would love to start a conversation about anyone deeply familiar with the history of the TVERB.

https://anthonybest.com/tremoverb

Both 1737 and 2505 are going in for service this week, and will come back to me hopefully in amazing condition!

I had one I bought new in the late 90s and sold it because it was too heavy and got a rectoverb. **** I miss that thing. They are hard to find and it was a glorious sounding amp. I am not sure what Gen mine was in reference but I do recall I had to have it replaced because it had issues with the reverb and tremolo not working. The replacement was fine. Great amp.

The serial loop units with the RR-1D board I'm told are the same circuit as the Rev F Rectos. You have some darn early serials there, what board revision do they have?

I have a very early parallel loop Tverb #354X and it has the RR-1E board. It's a GLORIOUS sounding amp.

Did you ever find anymore info about the early combos? I picked one up super recently that was missing its serial number but has the serial loop, attached cable etc. I know the revisions on tremoverbs have different names but I still don’t know much about em.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 0
Back