Can rectifier tubes blow fuse in ss mode?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TubeBlowGlow

Reaction score
I have the fuse blow problem. I removed all the tubes and followed the fault searching to identify a bad tube. I ended up with all the tubes in the amp. I even played it. Then i powered down and tried the solid state rectifier mode. It was dead. The first time it blew it was in tube rectifier mode. So I have 2 questions. Can a bad rectifier tube blow the fuse when you power up in ss mode? Can it be that the fuse blew when powering down?

The rectifier tubes are always in the circuit, the SS/Tube switch simply switches the diodes in/out.

Yes, a bad rectifier tube can blow a fuse when in SS diode mode.

The fuse is more likely to blow on power up.

Dom

I have a 2 channel Dual Rectifier and got a bad rectifier tube when I purchased some new JJs. Before I realized it was the fuse, upon powering the amp up with the Diodes selected, the fuse did not blow. But when I flipped the switch to use the Rect tubes the fuse blew.

I did not trying to run the amp with the Standy Off though, so I'm not sure if that has any bearing.

Latest posts

Back