Triple Rect (Pre Wattage Selection)-Issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogie_Man

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently got a new to me triple rectifier and have encountered a few issues.

First being, the effects loops, its the parallel effects loop version. With the footswitch or without the footswitch plugged in, the effects loop is always toggled on unless hard bypassed with the knob on the back. No matter what I try it seems the wet signal is always making it into the mix. adjusting the send return levels, unplugging the footswitch, dexoit in the jacks, the issue persists.

Secondly, I can switch channels and activate the solo boost via the footswitch fine, sometimes however, the amp randomly flickers between channels. say I'm on the orange channel, it will rapidly change between channel one and two now and then and then settle back onto the selected channel.

Both issues are repeatable with or without the footswitch. Not expecting a full fix or anything just curious if this is something anyone's seen before, I'll be taking it to a tech eventually, and if you have anything that may save him some time let me know. Brand New to Tube amps so haven't swapped any tubes or anything.

Also noteworthy, considering having the tech mod the parallel effects loop to serial. does anyone who perform this know all the details, did you lose the fx button functionality on the footswitch? any tone shortcomings? just looking for all the advice I can get!

The first problem is a feature unfortunately. Modding the loop seems the only option if you can't work/play around it.

Second problem sounds like a failing optocoupler to me. These things wear out over time. Should be a relative easy fix if you can solder and have a steady hand.

Good luck man!

Some versions use J175 FETs for switching. They can go flaky. If that happens, the best solution is to replace them all at once.

Latest posts

Back