Dual Rec 2 Channel Rev G settings and questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beedoola

Reaction score
Recently picked this up. I'm working on getting it dialed in and was wondering about a possible V1 tube swap. I think all the preamp tubes are stock.

I have the Orange channel on the clean setting. My goal is to use this channel for sparkly cleans by rolling back my guitar's volume. I also wanted it just dirty enough to work well with fuzz pedals. Also thinking of a boost/TS variant to push the channel a little more.

Red channel I figured would be the real metal channel. I use a baritone guitar tuned to Drop A as well as guitars in Standard/Drop D/Half step down.

The red channel, even with the Red to Vintage enabled still has a lot of gain. Is there a way to tame that down?

I'm running EL34s in it.

Cab is a Fryette Deliverance 412 with Fane F-70 speakers.

Rectifier is your typical start everything at noon and tune it to your rig and taste.

Red channel I usually start the Presence at 8 or 9 o'clock. That helps tame it a little.

Use your Tube Screamer as a clean boost and tighten the bass on the highgain modes. It's pretty much needed to get rid of the flub and harsh highs.

Don't be afraid to run the Midrange up at 2-3 o'clock or higher on the highgain modes. You can scoop it too if you want.

Read the manual....with Mesa amps it's pretty much a necessity.

Back