Attemp to make my Roadking sound like a Marshall!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nault.jama

Reaction score
Hey Boogie people, i purchase a Roadking years ago and this week i really wanted it to sound like a marshall. But i aint no recording Guru so this track is as basic as it can possibly be. No post EQ or processing. Single track pan in the middle. Les paul→Mesa boogie→SM57→DAW→ Cubase. To achieve this tone, i boosted the **** out of channel 2 with an overdrive pro ts808, gain 9 oclock, tone and level between 1 and 2 oclock. Hope you like it. I do believe it sound like a Marshall, and that is what the folks over at Marshall forum told me. Aint perfect, but i had a blast doing it. Only rhythm so far but will try to do the solo and the rest of the song soon enough.

Thanks and tell me what you think!

[urlhttps://soundcloud.com/marc-andre-nault/nightrain-mesaroadking-channel-2-brit-rythm][/url]

https://soundcloud.com/marc-andre-nault/nightrain-mesaroadking-channel-2-brit-rythm

No one?, maybe forum builder should consider making a all in one place to be. Now it just look like we have 100 empty places to go. It would be nice to have a crowd of people like the marshall forum, where people actually care for what is being posted. Multiple reply on a dayly basis type of thing.

Anyway i had a lot of fun doing this recording and it would be trully hard to come any closer to that type of tone with a roadking/ster.

Okay, I appreciate your post.

Sounds fairly JCM800. Great, you dial your Road King to sound like a Marshall.

I guess members here too loyal to their Boogies that any other amp brand on your subject line sneer upon. I don't know.

Interesting choices, Raw or Brit modes would have gotten you a lot closer and wouldn't have required quite so much TS.

I usually use channel 3 set to Raw or Vintage modes with EL34s and spongy tube rectifiers to get Marshall type sounds on my Road King. Played through a 1960 cab loaded with greenbacks, it's probably the least "recto" sounding recto. I've been using a lot of Stiletto profiles on my Kemper for Marshall tones in my 90s cover band, those are my favorite "Marshall" amps by far.

Back