Worth swapping Rev G for Multi-Watt?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrT-Man

Reaction score
I have a Dual Recto Rev G that I've had for 20+ years. I'm still very happy with it, but am wondering whether it might be worth selling it in favor of a multi-watt.

I've heard youtube clips comparing the two, although hearing a clip is obviously very different than actually playing through the amps.

I'll mention that I don't care at all about the differences in the clean channel, or the the effects loop. And I only really care about high-gain tone.

So, that being the case, might it be worth it for the broader range of tone that (I think) the multi-watt can provide on the orange and red channels? Or are the Rev G and multi-watt going to be 85% the same for high-gain orange/red channel sounds anyway (with subtle differences in articulation and EQ)?

I have both. Actually planning on doing a comparison vid soon. To be honest, if I had to choose I think it would be the MW. The 2 channel has something special about the high gain tone when you push it, but it's not that much different, and the MW is light years more versatile tone-wise.

I recommend buying a MW, compare, then sell the loser.

Thanks. It’d be really great to see a comparison vid, if you get around to it.

I guess my main concern is whether there’s some magic about the Rev G that I would lose with the multi-watt. I probably value the ability to get a couple of magical tones more than I value versatility. So I gather I might lose a tiny bit of magic, but not a lot.

And you’re right, I could just buy one and try it out given how many used multi-watts are out there. I’m just scared that if I do that, I’ll end up wanting to keep both. :lol:

I really don't think you need both if they are both duals. Now, if one is a triple, different story.

When I do a vid I'll post. :)

Back