HELP WITH FX LOOP SETTINGS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmicMetal

Reaction score
Hey Metal heads.

I am trying to figure out best setting for running my Boss GT1000 into my Triple Rec.

Not sure what to have the knobs on back set to. Also, not sure what input level to be at. I am connected via the 4 cable method.

I am trying for thick metal sound, with good tight low end. Thanks

CosmicMetal said:
Hey Metal heads.

I am trying to figure out best setting for running my Boss GT1000 into my Triple Rec.

Not sure what to have the knobs on back set to. Also, not sure what input level to be at. I am connected via the 4 cable method.

I am trying for thick metal sound, with good tight low end. Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

What version is your Recto? You’ll want a serial FX Loop for 4CM.

I am not actually sure. I am borrowing it from a friend to see if it is something I want to invest in.

I am pretty sure my FX processor is Parallel. So maybe that is the case. I have not messed with the loop knobs on the back. Aka mix and send levels.

Also, do I need to switch the knob to Ftswitch or loop on. Sorry for being a Boogie noob. But just trying to really get this thing dialed in.

Anything helps thanks

If the FX Loop has a Mix knob, it’s a parallel FX Loop. You’ll want to keep the mix at 100%, Send around noon. Just make sure you are not clipping the AD/DA converters in the GT1000, the Recto’s FX Loop is a line level signal and can get hot.

If the GT1000 has a ‘kill dry’ feature you could try that as well, starting with the send and mix around noon.

If you plan to use any noise gates or EQ in the loop, there will still be dry amp signal running in parallel to the FX Loop, even with the mix at 100%. This can cause strange phase issues as the dry signal in the GT1000 will have some latency causing phase artifacts when mixing with the dry signal that is in parallel with the FX Loop inside the amp. That is why a serial FX loop is preferred for 4CM.

Here is a link to the 3-channel Rectifier manual. Read up on the FX Loop and how the Channel Masters interact with it.
https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/User%20Manuals/3chRecto.pdf

If you have a 2-channel amp, here is the manual, same advise applies:
https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/User%20Manuals/2chRecto.pdf

It’s very important that you maintain unity gain throughout the signal chain, and that you are not clipping the FX unit from high channel master settings.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back