Triple Rectifier chassis shifts slightly within the headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkatatx

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Last week I received a Triple Rectifier Multiwatt that I bought off Reverb, and I noticed that the chassis shifts slightly within the headshell if I tilt it forward or backward. I think whatever holds the chassis to the bottom of the headshell on one of the corners may have come loose. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

bkatatx said:
Hey everyone,

Last week I received a Triple Rectifier Multiwatt that I bought off Reverb, and I noticed that the chassis shifts slightly within the headshell if I tilt it forward or backward. I think whatever holds the chassis to the bottom of the headshell on one of the corners may have come loose. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks
The chassis should NOT move within the headshell.

if you look at the outside bottom of the headshell, you should see two metal strips at each end, that run from front to back. At the both ends of each strip is a screw (2 in each strip for a total of 4). These are the chassis mounting screws. They should be fairly snug, not loose at all.

If they are loose, simply tighten them up. Don't over-do-it, you do not want to strip out the threads in the chassis or on the screw.

Back