orange vintage high gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildrat666

Reaction score
playing my triple recto rev f for many years now...yesterday a had a rehearsal with my aggressive metalband
vintage high gain orange channel boosted with a maxon st pro plus.....perfect sound
what do guys think?

Have used my red channel all these years but now testning the orange vintage high gain..... very fat mids compared to modern settings

For a long time live I used the Orange mode for lead and Red mode for rhythm. Now I usually two Orange or two Red.

For boosting I'm using a KHDK No.1, No.2 and Ghoul Screamer. The voice of these pedals works for me with a Rectifier. The Ghoul Screamer with with all switches up TS808. My favorite probably being No.2 in the HI mode - adding saturation, compression and a midrange boost. It's not as midrange heavy as a Tube Screamer.

What noise gate is everyone using ?

On my T-verb I much prefer Orange Vintage. I have a naga viper treble booster that sounds pretty awesome through it if I want more edge and slice but still want balls.

I use the gate of my TC GFORCE, and a Maxon OD9 for Lead on orange channel. 8)

Back